We are heading to Haiti in less than a month and are still taking sewing supply donations to use during the classes we will be teaching, and to donate to the vocational school for future use. Below is a list of suggested times
- Fancy Fabric – satins, taffeta (anything you might make a bridesmaid or flowergirl dress out of.) We can take smaller pieces, but would prefer to have lengths of at least 4 yards.
- hook and eyes and/or snaps
- good quality thread
- needles, both for machines and hand-sewing
- sewing scissors
- seam rippers
- binding material and/or prepackaged seam binding
- tape measures
- rotary cutting board and rotary cutters
- straight pins
- misc. sewing supplies
- cash donations to purchase new items
In addition, the head of the vocational school is interested in a serger sewing machine. If anyone happens to have one of these they’d like to donate or knows of a way we could purchase one inexpensively, please let me know.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thanks!