It’s been quite a while since I’ve written an update, but 500 Dresses is still plugging away.
Here’s a look at what we’ve done (with your help) over the past few months.
- Sent 5 wedding gowns to the Bridal rental business in Port au Prince.
- Sent 5 formal gowns to the Bridal rental business in Port au Prince.
- Sent tulle overlays for wedding dress skirts that were requested by the Bridal rental business in Port au Prince. (Mom made these.)
- We are also still sending sundresses with short-term mission teams to various places when we have the chance.
- Donated $1500 to Mission to Haiti to go toward the construction of the sewing school where I taught in 2012 and mom and I taught at together in 2014 and again in 2018.
The cost to complete the next phase (one large classroom) of the sewing school (more classrooms will be added as funds allow) is $4000. As of August, the school had $1000 saved for this. Add in the $1500 500 Dresses sent this fall, and they’ve got $1500 to go. If you desire to donate toward this project, just write sewing school in the memo of your check.
Construction is slow in Haiti. Some projects take years to complete because they only build as funds allow, and funds tend to be scarce. We’d love to see Pastor and Mdm. Cadet be able to move from their open air tarp covered school to a solid building with walls and a roof.