Renting wedding gowns to brides for their big day provides income for Mdm. Bennison in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. In addition to renting out wedding dresses, she also sells formal dresses.
We’ve given dresses to her a number of times, but it’s been a while so we decided it’s time for another shipment to expand her inventory.
Here’s what we’re looking for.
- They must be current. No 1980s stuff that you find in the back of your closet. Life in Haiti might be a lot different that life in the US, but Haitian women have access to TV and Internet and they know what’s in and what isn’t. If you think it’s too out of style to wear, they probably will too.
- We’d love a set of bridesmaid dresses if anyone has multiples of the same dress.
- Specifically larger sized wedding gowns (size 14+). Though we’ll take smaller ones if they are current.
We’ll be accepting donations throughout the month of February. Thanks for considering helping us out in this way.
Photo from the wedding of a wonderful guy (my interpreter for the week) that mom and I attended while in Haiti in 2015.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
While recovering from surgery, I watched a whole season of Downton Abbey in one day 🙂
On January 20, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. One month after my 40th birthday.
I was hoping to take a tropical vacation to celebrate my entrance into a new decade. Instead I took a trip to Iowa Methodist Hospital and had a bilateral mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Not really what I had in mind for this year.
I’ve been sporadically sharing updates about my months of cancer madness on my writing blog. Take a look at kimharms.net if you are interested in learning about the ups and downs of my year so far.
God is good. And he has shown himself to me in the sweetest ways over the past few months. I’d give up the cancer if I could, but I sure don’t want to give up the closeness I have had with my Savior.
My posts here will probably not be regular any time soon, but mom and I are still continuing our ministry. We want to keep serving and moving in whatever direction God leads us. Here’s what we’ve got going on currently.
- Mom is preparing for our second shipment to India.
- We are still in need of large wedding gowns to ship to Haiti. Size 12 and up. Please let us know if you have one you’d like to donate.
- We are hoping to provide support to the sewing school in Buedet, Haiti where mom and I taught in November. As we learn of needs at the school, we will pass them along to you.